Monday, June 7, 2021
Where 2 Next: HAWAII - Virtual Event This Tuesday!
Friday, June 4, 2021
Cruising from the U.S. is BACK! The Wait is Over!
ROYAL CARIBBEAN ANNOUNCEMENT!! The wait is over as cruising from the U.S. is just around the corner!
** FREEDOM OF THE SEAS® -- from Miami, Florida, starting July 2, 2021 (NOW OPEN FOR SALE)
** MARINER OF THE SEAS® -- from Port Canaveral, Florida, starting August 23, 2021 (NOW OPEN FOR SALE)
NEW! ODYSSEY OF THE SEAS®-- from Fort Lauderdale, Florida, debuting July 3, 2021 (NOW OPEN FOR SALE)
ALLURE OF THE SEAS® -- from Port Canaveral, Florida, starting August 8, 2021 (NOW OPEN FOR SALE)
SYMPHONY OF THE SEAS® -- from Miami, Florida, starting August 14, 2021 (NOW OPEN FOR SALE)
Thursday, June 3, 2021
It's the Adventure of Your Life: Pole to Pole!
Have you ever dreamed about going on a journey from pole to pole? This 93-day Grand Expedition on Hurtigruten would be unlike any other voyage you've ever been on, taking you on an immersive journey from north to south, visiting the most iconic destinations along the way, and experiencing the amazing diversity of cultures and wildlife of the Americas and Antarctica. Departs August 8, 2022, from Vancouver. Rooms are selling quickly and space is limited. Let's get it on your calendar. Book Now while you still can.
Ready to hit the links this summer or fall, we've got some GREAT Golf packages available, from 3-7 nights or longer.
Thursday, April 29, 2021
BIG NEWS for Land Lovers & Cruise Lovers Alike!
EUROPE IS SET TO REOPEN!
CRUISING FROM US PORTS LOOKS LIKELY THIS SUMMER!
OPA! Greece is Now Reopen!
MORE EXCITING NEWS! Greece has reopened!
Here are the basics:
-Starting April 19, Greece began allowing entries for residents of the US & several other countries.
-Travelers must present a negative PCR test for entry OR show proof of vaccination (must be 14+ days since the last dose of a vaccine from the approved list).
-Due to the successful control of the first wave in 2020, Greece reopened tourism last summer so our partners are well-prepared to provide a safe, healthy experience for guests!
-As of May 3, restaurants in Greece will open for outdoor seating.
-There are more details to know other than what we listed above, and this is subject to change. It is important to review all entry requirements at https://travel.gov.gr prior to travel.
If Greece is on your list or you'd really like to make a visit this summer, please reach out. I'd love to help you. 317.776.1733 | firstname.lastname@example.org | www.icanshowyoutheworld.vacations
Thursday, May 7, 2020
For the the first responders to delivery drivers, grocery store workers, utility and IT folks and many more who keep things running smoothly...a hearty THANK YOU!
To all of the essential workers, my team and I at Cruise Planners - Christopher Lingren & Associates want to say "Thank you!" for keeping things going while so many shelter-at-home - from the first responders to delivery drivers, grocery store workers, utility and IT folks and many more who keep things running smoothly, we couldn't do it all without YOU. And for all of you, we hope you're thinking about your future adventures because travel will return...even if a bit slower than desired. Want help redeeming a future travel credit? We can help with that too even if you didn't book it originally with our agency. bit.ly/RedeemYourFutureTravelCredit We're ready when you're ready!
Sunday, April 26, 2020
When You Decide to Travel Again...Please use a live person. Do NOT click a “book” button on a website, ever again
**I️ do beg you when you do decide to travel again - PLEASE use a travel agent. I️ don’t care who, or what company - were all on the same team. But please use a live person. Do NOT click a “book” button on a website, ever again.**
Thursday, March 12, 2020
NOW More Than Ever, Your local Travel Agent Needs Your Business
To All My Friends, you know I work in the Travel Industry. You’ve seen so many posts about my travel experiences and the importance of booking with a travel agent. NOW more than ever, your local agent needs your business.
Tuesday, March 3, 2020
Happy March! Where Will Your Next Adventure Take You?
It's March, and here are some fabulous things to consider for your next vacation. I'd be happy to help you score some of these great experiences!
Thursday, November 21, 2019
Continuing Education Update - Hawaii Destination Specialist
Always be learning. Updating my Hawaii Specialist designation tonight with in-person training with the Hawaii Tourism Authority.
Wednesday, March 8, 2017
Harvard Business Review Recognizes the Travel Agent's Worth!
Thank you, Harvard, for recognizing the value of using a Travel Agent for booking those unforgettable experiences. I do my very best to help my clients have the most wonderful vacation experiences....whether on the land, sea, or on a river. Live is short. Acquire memories, not things.
Harvard Business Review Cites Travel Agents As Example For Salespeople To Follow
In an article titled “B2B Salespeople Need To Act More Like Travel Agents,” authors Nicholas Toman, Brent Adamson and Cristina Gomez note that “Having more information doesn’t always make it easier to decide. Consider what’s happened with travel: With the explosion of internet travel sites in the 2000s, consumers took charge of their own travel, and travel agencies hemorrhaged business. Fast forward to today. According to the travel and leisure marketing firm MMGY, the use of travel agents increased by 50% from 2014 to 2015. Why? Because consumers, overwhelmed by information and inundated with choices, are again turning to travel agents to take the work out of travel planning.”
Thursday, March 2, 2017
Thank You, Jimmy Fallon, For Recognizing Our Worth!
“Of course I use a travel agent. Travel agents get you the best rooms and the best rates. I was friends with a travel agent growing up in Saugerties, NY; I’ve used a travel agent my whole life. I don’t even know how to book my own trip.” - Jimmy Fallon
Monday, September 26, 2016
Not Everyone Fits the Bill for Needing the Help of a Seasoned Professional When Arranging an Incredible Travel Experience
These 10 types of people certainly don't need the help of a travel professional...do YOU know anyone like these types? I sure do.
Thursday, May 5, 2016
You Use a Professional for your Health, Finances, Insurance, Legal Concerns, and Even Your Hair...You Should for Travel Too!
DIY can be great for many assorted projects - Pinterest has flourished for that reason alone - but when it comes to things like your hair, your health, your finances, insurance, legal advice - and YES - your travel plans - you really should seek a professional who does it day in and day out all year long for that one vacation per year you take. Why spend hours upon hours searching through too much information available online when you can easily turn to a professional to take care of you. Nolan lays out the reasons plainly and simply.
Thursday, March 10, 2016
5 Important Things To Know When Considering Hiring Me As Your Travel Advisor
1. You are not bothering me if you just need an airline ticket and a hotel in Chicago. I can indeed book more than just your exotic annual vacations and will do so gladly. Plus, I will likely have access to free amenities at the hotel that you might not find on your own because of my industry connections.
2. If something goes amiss when you’re on your trip, call me immediately so I can fix it. Don’t be shy and say you didn’t want to make a fuss. You’ve paid money for this vacation and I’m your advisor for a reason. Little things that mar the experience can typically be fixed quite easily and that’s what I’m here for.
3. When you compare the vacation packages I’ve offered you with what’s available via an online travel agency or discount website, please know that you’re probably not comparing apples to apples. The hotel I’ve selected is in a locale I think you will like, based on what you’ve told me. The room I have reserved for you is guaranteed in its category, meaning when you check-in, you won’t be given inferior accommodations, based on the desk attendant’s mood. Plus, if you’re looking at a website that brags that it has the lowest pricing available, you’ll likely be getting the lowest quality room available. Trust me.
4. When you’re online and you see a deal that looks too good to be true, it probably is. Travel companies don’t give away things for no reason. Is there any small print you’re not reading because you’re so excited about the price you’re seeing? Do bring any deals you see to my attention and I promise to give you my best expert opinion as to what you’d actually get for your money.
5. Do make travel a priority in your life. Every moment is precious and if you keep putting off that family vacation or that couple’s getaway, you may never do it and only end up with regrets. Let me craft a trip for you that will make the most of your time together so you’ll end up with fabulous memories. Live for the now; who knows what tomorrow will bring?
Thursday, May 2, 2013
Tips on Thursday - Myths About Travel Agents
Saturday, January 12, 2013
Saturday Savers - More VALUE Found in the Travel Advisor Community
Hurricane Sandy's Lessons to Travelers: Use a Travel Agent
Many of us plan out vacations to the nth degree, but ultimately life doesn't always happen the way that you plan. Things happen, especially when mother nature is concerned. As this article from this past fall demonstrates, sometimes mother nature gets in the way and disrupts even the best laid plans. Having a Travel Agent in your corner can truly be beneficial when things don't turn out the way that you imagined they would. In the end, that can truly be translated... VALUE. But only when you use the Travel Agent from the beginning to help you put together your fantastic plans. When you trust them to help you plan things, and use their services to book your vacation, Travel Agents will be right there for you when things go a bit awry, and they just might end up saving you time and money and help you get home again instead of sitting in an overcrowded terminal for days as many people had to during the still recent events of Hurricane Sandy.
Saturday, January 5, 2013
Saturday Savers - The Value of Using A Travel Agent
Why We Really Don't Want Travel Agents To Die
Thursday, May 24, 2012
Tips on Thursday - Why a Travel Agent?
- The biggest myth surrounding Travel Agents is that they “charge” for their services. And for the most part, their service is complimentary. Perhaps not for an airline ticket (because airlines have cut out paying any commission), but for travel – such as cruises, tours, and land packages, their commission is paid by the vendor. This means – Travel Agent’s Services are FREE to you!
- You get the BEST DEAL by calling on a Cruise Planners/American Express Travel Consultant. We don’t work for any one Cruise Line or Tour Operator – we search all cruise lines to find you the best deal for the best available cabin at the time of booking. And the best part is a travel agent will continue to work for you even after the deposit. So, if a cruise line has a rate change, we call and lower your price. If you book directly with the supplier, does the cruise line call you to let you know there has been a price reduction? I doubt it!
- A good agent will also provide advice – once you pull into a port of call, now what? Try to Google the words “Mediterranean cruise” and you will see 1.5 million results. Yikes! Where do you start to look? Who is legitimate and who isn’t? A good Travel agent will guide you and let you know which is the most popular site to see, or even some hidden secrets they’ve uncovered while traveling. When calling a cruise line directly, do you think the hourly person who answers the phone can offer the same advice?
- If you run into trouble on a weekend while traveling, will the cruise line agent help? Most agents check their e-mail or voice mail during the weekend just in case of any emergency.
- Your time is valuable. Give an agent a call and let them know what trip you are interested in and let them do all the work. Why spend hours and hours searching the internet or calling each cruise line? Call a Cruise Planners/American Express specialists and will save you time and money.
- Who has the best deals? If I call direct, will I get the best possible deal? Yet another myth is that many online sites run exclusive promotions or hold space months in advance. This supposedly gives them an advantage on certain ships and sailing dates. Travel Agents have access to all the best promotions as well. You might receive extra shipboard credit to spend onboard or pre-paid gratuities so all tipping is included. And on some itineraries a unique shore excursion is available. They aren’t available on all sailings, but if you book in advance you are more likely to enjoy a special extra perk.
- A Travel Agent can help you customize your vacation! So you want to have a family reunion, get married, or renew your vows on board? Call your Travel Agent today! Don’t try and book this through the cruise lines or on your own as it will likely become a nightmare. By booking through a reputable agent, they will take the burden off of you and become the “party planner”. They can set up cocktail parties, beach parties, special shore excursions, wedding receptions, meeting rooms, dining arrangements. Leave it to the pros!
- With so many travel options out there, it can be overwhelming. We work as your "value interpreter." Using our expertise, we find amazing experiences that exceed your every desire, but not your budget. With our services, you can be confident that your vacation will be perfectly planned, hassle-free, and filled with moments you'll never forget.