As shared today from my FacebookLive video while driving to my covid vaccine shot appointment number one. I've got some milestone clients departing very soon for Aruba and St. Lucia, and love helping people commemorate through travel, and would love to help you make your travel dreams come true and celebrate your special anniversaries, birthdays, reunions, and more! Let's chat about how and where you want to celebrate!
Friday, March 12, 2021
Sunday, July 17, 2016
Two places that I find to be very special both have a milestone anniversary today. I wish I could visit both of them - but I can only go spend time in one of them today. Happy 61st to my favorite magical little park - Disneyland! And Happy 50th to my favorite Indiana destination - Ransburg Scout Reservation!
Wednesday, June 1, 2016
Monday, March 11, 2013
|To my lovely bride...|
It hardly seems possible though that it has already been 19 years since we made our vows, and then later enjoyed a cool party with many family and friends, before embarking out on our own to enjoy that all-important honeymoon period prior to officially “starting life”. For many that honeymoon might be spent on a tropical island, or enjoying the art & culture of the “old world” in Europe. For us, it was in a tropical location, and we did enjoy some “old world” charm, granted re-created charm, but charm none-the-less. We honeymooned at Walt Disney World, and had a wonderful time. It was my third visit to the Central Florida resort, and my lovely bride’s first. And in those 19 years, a LOT has changed at my favorite Central Florida destination. The resort of choice … The Grand Floridian Beach Resort as it was known back then (today it’s Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa).
- we’ve lived in 3 states – California, Michigan and Indiana
- we’ve belonged to 2 churches – North Orange Christian Church and White River Christian Church
- we’ve grown our family by 3, having 2 sons and 1 daughter
- we’ve watched all 3 grow too quickly… the eldest will be graduating high school about 2 ½ months after our 20th anniversary
- we’ve owned 4 computers (the first was purchased a full year after we married), plus went through 4 different work-provided computers
- we’ve each replaced a vehicle twice
- we’ve each changed jobs twice
- we've started 2 of our own businesses
- we’ve lived in 4 different domiciles – 1 townhouse, 2 duplexes, and 1 house
- we've added to our portfolio an investment home plus several vacation home options thanks to the Disney Vacation Club
- we’ve had 3 different pets – 1 box turtle and 2 different cats (NOT my choice at all…I am allergic to and hate cats, but I love my wife and thus tolerate having a cat in the house for my wife’s sake)
- we’ve used 8 different cell phones (only in the last 11 years though as we never had one prior to coming to Indiana) – 5 for me, and 3 for her
- we’ve visited 24 states together (I’ve been to a lot more, but here I’m just referring to the two of us together)
- we’ve enjoyed 6,935 days as a married couple or nearly 166,440 hours as a married couple or nearly 9,986,400 minutes as a married couple (though the hours and minutes are approximations based on total days)
- we’ve had our ups and downs – but LOVE has been at the heart of our relationship in each of those years.
Friday, January 11, 2013
Thursday, January 3, 2013
Friday, August 31, 2012
Time to go back in time thanks to fun old family photos of days gone by. Growing up in Southern California, Disneyland was a popular destination for our family. Sometimes we were there just the four of us, other times with extended family members. Oftentimes my brother and I would get to go for school or church incentives, or as awards for a successful sports season with the teams we played on. Trips with friends, or friends families were often the case as well, and as we became teenagers, the park was a popular destination to hang out.
Here's a look back at July 1980, when Disneyland celebrated its 25th anniversary. Here Mickey, Donald, Goofy & Pluto ride atop a parade float, traversing the parade route from Main Street, U.S.A. north past the Matterhorn Bobsleds (in the photo) up towards It's a Small World.
Monday, August 6, 2012
|A very proud family indeed!|
Tuesday, July 17, 2012
Today is Disneyland's 57th Birthday, and I'm spending it on the savannah... well, at least overlooking Disney's savannah in Florida. We're staying at Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani Village. We have a Sunset Savannah view room, and the view truly is spectacular.
The animals are so peaceful and enjoyable to watch. Many are simply gorgeous. We have been enraptured by them throughout the afternoon today. We've enjoyed watching the various creatures that inhabit the resort's various savannahs. We haven't taken pictures of each variety yet, but here are just a couple that we have documented so far on this trip.
This is not our first stay at Animal Kingdom - rather it's our third as a family. Plus I've stayed here an additional three or four times while on business. It's a terrific place to stay. I just love the neighbors! If you have ever considered staying here before but haven't done it... I would definitely encourage you to do so. And if it hasn't even crossed your mind before... you really should consider it. There are many wonderful resorts here at Walt Disney World - but Animal Kingdom Lodge really is one of the coolest!
The savannahs that were created, along with the animals that roam freely, coupled with the amazing attention to detail and architectural stylings certainly help transport guests away mentally from Florida. You really can forget that you are in the middle of the Sunshine State.
As I stood on the balcony this afternoon, and alternately sat on the zebra-backed chair, I remembered that across the nation, a magical little place was celebrating another anniversary. Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom turned 57. Another year has passed since Walt first stood in Town Square making his dedication speech - filled with wonderful memories for the nearly millions of guests who passed through its' gates in the past 12 months and new experiences awaiting those who will enter in the months to come.
The last time we stayed at Animal Kingdom, we were here with my folks. Some wonderful memories were made on that trip - even to the point that when I shared with my mother that we were returning to Kidani Village, my mother got a bit sad - because they weren't able to join us this time!
During my youth in Southern California, I was able to make it to the park for a number of birthday celebrations, and have several commemorative buttons from those years in my collection. But alas, as an adult, living in the Midwest, getting to Disneyland on its' actual birthday is a much harder thing to do. But this is the first birthday that I've ever spent at the park's sister resort in Florida! So it's a very fun first for me. Celebrating Disneyland at Walt Disney World! Not being one to enjoy the usually brutal heat of summer in Florida - I have never once before been here for this auspicious occasion. But this year, I'm here, and having a marvelous time - and of course remembering, that without Disneyland - Walt Disney World would not even exist.
Walt sure knew what he was doing all those years ago. So once again, I say Happy Birthday Disneyland! Walt knew we all needed you.
Until next time,