Monday, June 7, 2021
Thursday, March 12, 2020
Happy Anniversary to my love. 26 years ago Julie and I were wed, kicking off a fun adventure that would be filled with ups, downs, twists, and a few loops that would rival any roller coaster. We've laughed, cried, fought, had fun along the way, and together produced three amazing offspring. From California to Michigan, back to California, and on to Indiana, we've had a pretty good adventure, but truly have only begun. We don't have any guarantees of tomorrow, but with God's help, another 26 years or more is on the menu. Pictured below, we're on the Disney Magic, from one mini-adventure several years back, just one of many within the grand scheme of our shared lifelong adventure.
Tuesday, January 17, 2017
In less than a month couples all over will be celebrating the most romantic day - Valentine's Day. There's still time to surprise your sweetie with a romantic getaway! Getting away as a couple, without the kids, is so very important! And Valentine's Day is a great time to make that happen. I'd be honored to help you treat your honey to a great getaway! Reach out by phone at 317.776.1733 or email me at email@example.com, or visit www.icanshowyoutheworld.vacations and let's get something booked for the two of you!
Monday, March 11, 2013
|To my lovely bride...|
It hardly seems possible though that it has already been 19 years since we made our vows, and then later enjoyed a cool party with many family and friends, before embarking out on our own to enjoy that all-important honeymoon period prior to officially “starting life”. For many that honeymoon might be spent on a tropical island, or enjoying the art & culture of the “old world” in Europe. For us, it was in a tropical location, and we did enjoy some “old world” charm, granted re-created charm, but charm none-the-less. We honeymooned at Walt Disney World, and had a wonderful time. It was my third visit to the Central Florida resort, and my lovely bride’s first. And in those 19 years, a LOT has changed at my favorite Central Florida destination. The resort of choice … The Grand Floridian Beach Resort as it was known back then (today it’s Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa).
- we’ve lived in 3 states – California, Michigan and Indiana
- we’ve belonged to 2 churches – North Orange Christian Church and White River Christian Church
- we’ve grown our family by 3, having 2 sons and 1 daughter
- we’ve watched all 3 grow too quickly… the eldest will be graduating high school about 2 ½ months after our 20th anniversary
- we’ve owned 4 computers (the first was purchased a full year after we married), plus went through 4 different work-provided computers
- we’ve each replaced a vehicle twice
- we’ve each changed jobs twice
- we've started 2 of our own businesses
- we’ve lived in 4 different domiciles – 1 townhouse, 2 duplexes, and 1 house
- we've added to our portfolio an investment home plus several vacation home options thanks to the Disney Vacation Club
- we’ve had 3 different pets – 1 box turtle and 2 different cats (NOT my choice at all…I am allergic to and hate cats, but I love my wife and thus tolerate having a cat in the house for my wife’s sake)
- we’ve used 8 different cell phones (only in the last 11 years though as we never had one prior to coming to Indiana) – 5 for me, and 3 for her
- we’ve visited 24 states together (I’ve been to a lot more, but here I’m just referring to the two of us together)
- we’ve enjoyed 6,935 days as a married couple or nearly 166,440 hours as a married couple or nearly 9,986,400 minutes as a married couple (though the hours and minutes are approximations based on total days)
- we’ve had our ups and downs – but LOVE has been at the heart of our relationship in each of those years.
Friday, August 10, 2012
A lot can, and often does, change during a year's time. Since then, I've posted more than 300 entries - some still lame, some not-so-lame, and others somewhat ok. Along the way I had major technical issues with the website host forcing me to change venues for the blog, I've had fun experimenting with formats and looks to the blog, and several features have been introduced, and /or retired based on changing thoughts and ideas about what I'd like to present or talk about. Some things I'd like to bring back, while others I would like to introduce in the coming weeks and months.
Certainly during that time changes happened both personally and professionally. Personally we said good-bye to a beloved family member, as my wife's father succumbed in October to his battle with cancer. Professional, just about a month after that first post was made, I was laid off from my full-time job of 11 years, and made the decision to pursue my then part-time passion in a more full-time manner. Thus what began as something to earn some extra on the side became a full-time gig, as we launched our business full-time. We also switched the host agency that I was working with for a Franchise that we acquired with a national name-brand provider of cruises and vacation packages.
During the year I went to the Caribbean on a cruise and to Hawaii to explore and check out Disney's new resort there - Aulani (for newer readers, check out the labels to the right on the home page, and search for Aulani to read various entries about the resort and check out photos I took while there. It is a GREAT resort, and definitely one you should consider visiting). Trips to California and Florida rounded out the past year, while more cruises and trips are in the works for the coming year.
I've had fun sharing the variety of Disney trivia, facts and photos with those of you who have chosen to follow along. I appreciate the readership, and the comments along the way. I look forward to spending another year sharing and posting - and working to interject more personal anecdotes and information into the blog. I hope you'll continue to follow along, and perhaps, even bring some friends along with you. Because really - Disney parks are meant to be shared by family and friends. In the next year I'm hoping to have some additional entries by guests, who will also share their own love of the parks with 9you - and perhaps their photos and memories of days gone by too.
So - thanks again for following along and sharing my adventures. Just as Peter Pan never wanted to grow up - neither do I. He's always been one of my favorite characters, and Peter Pan's Flight has always been a favorite theme park attraction... which is a big reason why I chose to use Neverland Adventures in the name for my travel business.
Until next time,