Suggested Itinerary: NORTHERN RAIL EXPERIENCE
Venture from the breathtaking great plains of the Midwest to the serene waters of the Pacific Coast on this scenic rail journey from Chicago to San Francisco, with a stop in Seattle. Enjoy the landscape as you travel along major portions of the Lewis and Clark trail. Explore Seattle on a hop-on, hop-off sightseeing tour. Discover the sights of San Francisco. Spend some quality time in two majestic parts of Northern California: Muir Woods and Sausalito. And, then you'll head back to the “Windy City” onboard one of the most beautiful train trips in all of North America.
- Hop-on, hop-off sightseeing tour of Seattle
- Hop-on, hop-off sightseeing tour of San Francisco
- Sightseeing tour of Muir Woods and Sausalito
- Sightseeing cruise in San Francisco
- One-way Amtrak® from Chicago to Seattle on the Empire Builder®; Seattle to San Francisco on the Coast Starlight®; San Francisco to Chicago on the California Zephyr® in Coach accommodations
- 4 nights' accommodations; 5 nights onboard Amtrak
- 1 meal included (1 dinner)
Departures available most Thursdays March through November. Reverse itineraries also available.
You can absolutely upgrade the experience with sleeping accommodations, pre and/or post hotel stays in the departure city.
Intrigued? Ask me! I love helping people get out & explore with land-based vacations and rail vacations!