Wednesday, June 23, 2021
Now Open: AUSTRIA!
Wednesday, June 16, 2021
The Expedition of a Lifetime Awaits - Join Us in 2023
Wednesday, April 21, 2021
NEW! Expanded Partner Portfolio for Golf Vacations
I am very excited to announce a new partnership catering to our golf-loving friends out there. Golfpac Travel has joined the list of approved supplier partners for Cruise Planners expanding our portfolio of planning resources to help provide outstanding travel experiences for you! Golfpac Travel has been a leader in Golf Vacations for over 35 years, offering more than 600+ golf courses in the US and internationally under their Hiddenlinks division, specializing in Scotland and Ireland, plus in the Caribbean within Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic. Together we can customize your perfect Golf vacations, from house rentals, 5-star resorts, to securing Tee Times at the most desired golf courses in the US and UK. Contact us for more info!
Saturday, March 13, 2021
Destination Universal Orlando!
Wednesday, September 16, 2020
Where2Next Virtual Series: All-Inclusive Resorts
Introducing our NEW Virtual Vacation Webinar Series! This new monthly series will feature an array of vacation possibilities for when the world opens up again fully for travel.
Saturday, December 7, 2019
Looking for a Change? Want the Chance to be an Entrepreneur and Be Your Own Boss as an Independent Contractor?
Tuesday, April 25, 2017
Oh the Places You'll Go...
Oh, the places I go to meet with clients! I've said it before and I'll say it again...not every client meeting happens in an office or at Starbucks! . Yes, she's very much alive, btw. Just happens to spend her days with some less than lively folk.
Tuesday, April 18, 2017
A Travel Agent's Work is Never Done.
Monday, March 13, 2017
Resevations Now Open for Celebrity's Newest Ship - Celebrity Edge
Celebrity Edge sets sail on Dec. 16, 2018. Reservations opened today for this amazing new ship, that will revolutionize cruising once again. Contact me at 317.776.1733 for info and pricing or www.icanshowyoutheworld.vacations. Alternating between the eastern and western Caribbean from Fort Lauderdale, this new ship shouldn't be missed.
Monday, January 30, 2017
Always Something New Whenever I Come to NYC
I enjoy staying at different places when I come to the city to be able to enjoy different experiences and be able to have a list of recommendations for clients coming to New York. This time I stayed in Yotel at 10th & 42nd. It is an excellent value and conveniently close to the theatre district. Just a short walk to the Convention Center, and the subway. The cabins are small but efficient. It's sleek and modern, with both Japanese and European influences. The elevator plays hip and fun music, and there's a robot in the lobby to help store your luggage for later in the day departures.
Saturday, January 28, 2017
It's Been a Full Day!
It was a very long day here in NYC booking great vacations for people! Hot topics of the day included Alaska, Bermuda, Sandals resorts, and European River cruises. I'm excited with the results thus far and looking forward to another great day tomorrow. After the show, it was great to eat in one of my favorite places here in the city - Junior's Restaurant, where I enjoyed an enormous roast beef sandwich. After such a big meal, the cool night air feels great as I walk back to my hotel for a little rest before the show starts again tomorrow. Good night from Times Square!
A Weekend of Fun Selling Experiences & Adventures for People to Getaway and Have Some Fun!
And the fun begins.... NOW! The doors will be opening in just a few moments and we're right up front by the entry doors, ready to sell amazing experiences for people to get away from their stress and some rejuvenation. If you're in the NYC area today, come see me! We're at The New York Times Travel Show at Javits Center.
Friday, January 27, 2017
The Internet & Travel Shows are for Looking...but TRAVEL AGENTS Are for Booking!
Sunday, January 22, 2017
Chicago Travel Show Has Been So Busy!!
Time for another great day at the Chicago Travel & Adventure Show! Cuba, Europe, Cruises, Walt Disney World, and Hawaii, plus a Destination Wedding were all the hot topics yesterday...excited to learn where else I can send today's guests. If you're local, come see us! Next weekend is New York City. It's (always) the vacation booking season!
Friday, December 9, 2016
Here We Grow Again
Sometimes I share what I'm doing and most times I don't. Today I'm enjoying lunch with my friend, David Nicely, who I'm thrilled to announce will be joining my team and the journey that I've been on for more than five years now. David has a great love for adventure, and Disney, as I do. He and his family love Walt Disney World, and he's had great fun helping people plan amazing trips to the "Vacation Kingdom" many times. He brings a wealth of sales experience from his primary career and looks forward to jumping in and helping people create memories to last a lifetime. David becomes my third Associate, and I look forward to an exciting year ahead as he completes his CP training and he can get down to the business of making magic for families. It's so fun to look back over the past five+ years and see how far I've come with this travel adventure, and thank God for His continued blessings. David, Liz, and Rachel comprise a great team that I am blessed to lead.
Thursday, August 8, 2013
We're Growing! Adding my First Associate!
Wednesday, June 27, 2012
Where in the World Wednesdays - Disney Fantasy, Water and Scouts Instead of a Destination... Oh My
This was my fifth year of heading off to Summer Camp, and quite honestly, it is just about my favorite outing of the year!! (It even gets right up there with trips to Disney Destinations!!). Yes, I'm 41 years old and I LOVE going to Summer Camp. So much so, that not only do I GO to camp, but I lead and direct the entire thing for our Troop. And for our Troop, that is no small undertaking. The average size of a Boy Scout Troop is around 30 boys - ours has 158 registered Scouts. The average contingent going to Summer Camp is about 18 boys. We took 103 plus - get this - 46 full week adult leaders, and 8 partial week adult leaders. That's huge!! Our contingent alone took up more than half of the available seating in the Dining Hall each meal that we ate at (there are two servings, A and B - we eat during the A meal). The camp accommodates about 550 youth and adults each week over the 9 week Summer Camp season, and here we were more than 25% of the entire camp during our week there.
Needless to say there is a LOT of preparation that goes into moving a contingent of that magnitude. Months of pre-registration, paperwork, cross-referencing and data gathering take place before anyone sets foot in camp. Merit Badge classes to be registered for, Health Forms to collect and triple check, Special Dietary needs to be submitted to the Dining Hall staff, tent configurations, various Adult Leader roles to assign, and so much more! But you know what, that's very much like what happens when you call a Travel agent or professional to help plan that special family vacation or your Group's Travel arrangements. Organization and attention to detail are key. Not everyone is up to the challenge, nor wants to worry about planning all of the details, and would rather just turn it all over to a travel professional. And I could be just that person for you - or someone you know who's looking to plan that special trip.
I'd love it if you would check out my website, or if you don't need assistance at this time, refer someone to me who you know that does. Just as I LOVE getting 150 people to Summer Camp each year... I'd love to help you or your family or friends get to their next special destination!
Thursday, May 24, 2012
Tips on Thursday - Why a Travel Agent?
- The biggest myth surrounding Travel Agents is that they “charge” for their services. And for the most part, their service is complimentary. Perhaps not for an airline ticket (because airlines have cut out paying any commission), but for travel – such as cruises, tours, and land packages, their commission is paid by the vendor. This means – Travel Agent’s Services are FREE to you!
- You get the BEST DEAL by calling on a Cruise Planners/American Express Travel Consultant. We don’t work for any one Cruise Line or Tour Operator – we search all cruise lines to find you the best deal for the best available cabin at the time of booking. And the best part is a travel agent will continue to work for you even after the deposit. So, if a cruise line has a rate change, we call and lower your price. If you book directly with the supplier, does the cruise line call you to let you know there has been a price reduction? I doubt it!
- A good agent will also provide advice – once you pull into a port of call, now what? Try to Google the words “Mediterranean cruise” and you will see 1.5 million results. Yikes! Where do you start to look? Who is legitimate and who isn’t? A good Travel agent will guide you and let you know which is the most popular site to see, or even some hidden secrets they’ve uncovered while traveling. When calling a cruise line directly, do you think the hourly person who answers the phone can offer the same advice?
- If you run into trouble on a weekend while traveling, will the cruise line agent help? Most agents check their e-mail or voice mail during the weekend just in case of any emergency.
- Your time is valuable. Give an agent a call and let them know what trip you are interested in and let them do all the work. Why spend hours and hours searching the internet or calling each cruise line? Call a Cruise Planners/American Express specialists and will save you time and money.
- Who has the best deals? If I call direct, will I get the best possible deal? Yet another myth is that many online sites run exclusive promotions or hold space months in advance. This supposedly gives them an advantage on certain ships and sailing dates. Travel Agents have access to all the best promotions as well. You might receive extra shipboard credit to spend onboard or pre-paid gratuities so all tipping is included. And on some itineraries a unique shore excursion is available. They aren’t available on all sailings, but if you book in advance you are more likely to enjoy a special extra perk.
- A Travel Agent can help you customize your vacation! So you want to have a family reunion, get married, or renew your vows on board? Call your Travel Agent today! Don’t try and book this through the cruise lines or on your own as it will likely become a nightmare. By booking through a reputable agent, they will take the burden off of you and become the “party planner”. They can set up cocktail parties, beach parties, special shore excursions, wedding receptions, meeting rooms, dining arrangements. Leave it to the pros!
- With so many travel options out there, it can be overwhelming. We work as your "value interpreter." Using our expertise, we find amazing experiences that exceed your every desire, but not your budget. With our services, you can be confident that your vacation will be perfectly planned, hassle-free, and filled with moments you'll never forget.